Lawyer - Company law
Steven Claassen works for the Company Law department in Rotterdam.
Steven specialises in company law transactions and disputes in
the Netherlands and abroad.
Examples of cases handled
- Assisting with a European takeover of a visa services
- Assisting with the sale of Kobalt Media, the largest
independent media agency in the Netherlands
- Establishing an international joint venture in the oil and gas
- Assisting with the sale of a renowned world-wide fashion
- Litigation on a dispute between a member of the supervisory
board and the Dutch branch of a Japanese computer
- Litigation for a buyer in a takeover dispute related to a
number of nationwide workplace health and safety service
Education and experience
Steven graduated in business law and civil law from Leiden
University. He became an attorney in 2002 and joined DVDW Advocaten
in 2008. Previously he had worked in the Netherlands and the
Netherlands Antilles on a diverse range of commercial transactions
and disputes related to firms operating in the national and
In 2011 Steven completed the specialist programme on Company Law
and Business Law at Grotius Academie.
Steven is a member of the NVvP (Dutch association for procedural
law) and Vereniging Corporate Litigation (Corporate Litigation