Complaints Procedure DVDW
Article 1 Definitions
In this complaints procedure the terms set out below bear the following meaning:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction made by or on behalf of the client to an attorney or to persons working under an attorney's responsibility concerning the formation and performance of a contract of services, the quality of the provision of services or the level of the invoice, other than a complaint within the meaning of Article 4 of the Dutch Counsel Act (Advocatenwet);
- complainant: the client or it’s representative who expresses a complaint;
- complaints officer: the attorney charged with handling the complaint.
Article 2 Scope of Application
- This complaints procedure applies to all contracts of services between DVDW Advocaten and the client.
- Every attorney at DVDW Advocaten will ensure that complaints are dealt with in accordance with the complaints procedure.
Article 3 Objectives
The purpose of this complaints procedure is to:
a. establish a procedure for dealing with clients’ complaints within a reasonable term in a constructive manner;
b. establish a procedure for determining the causes of clients’ complaints;
c. maintain and improve existing relationships by means of good complaint management;
d. improve the quality of services by using complaint management and complaint analysis.
Article 4 Information at the start of the performance
- This complaints procedure has been made public by publication on the website of DVDW Advocaten. The general terms and conditions also refer to the complaints procedure.
- Complaints within the meaning of Article 1 of this internal complaints scheme that have not been resolved after being handled in accordance with this complaints procedure can be brought before the competent court in Amsterdam.
Article 5 Internal complaints procedure
- When a client contacts the firm with a complaint, the complaint is forwarded to M. Boender-Radder, who will act as complaints officer on the matter. If the complaints officer has a conflict of interest, H.M.D. Bentfort van Valkenburg will act as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the person who the complaint relates to of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person who the complaint relates to the opportunity to given an explanation with regard to the complaint.
- The person who the complaint relates to tires to find a solution together with the client, whether or not through the complaint officer’s intervention.
- The complaints officer handles the complaint within four weeks after the receipt of the complaint or informs the complainant that he or she will deviate from this term. In the latter case the complaint officer provides the reasons and specifies the term within which he or she will handle the claim.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant and the person who the claim relates to in writing of his or her decision regarding the complaint.
Article 6 Confidentiality and complaint handling free of charge
- The complaints officer and the person who the complaint relates to observe confidentiality in the handling of the complaint.
- The complainant does not owe any fee for the costs of the handling of the complaint.
Article 7 Responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed of the process of handling the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
Article 8 Recording of complaints
- The complaints officer registers the complaint and specifies the subject matter.
- The complaints officer analyses the complaints once a year.
- If necessary, the complaint officer makes recommendations to the board of DVDW to improve the services.