DVDW Magazine "I thought we were friends."
07 December 2020 - Marjon Lok - Marlies Siegers - René van de Klift
We proudly present to you our new magazine "I thought we were friends - struggles within the enterprise".
Trust is a key part of doing business. It lies at the heart of numerous ventures, partnerships and investments. How strong the bond of trust really is, however, often only becomes apparent in the face of difficulty. Differences of opinion start to surface, and the parties’ assumptions, premises and interests are revealed to be less closely aligned than they seemed in happier times. Expectations go unfulfilled. Decisions do not work out as expected. Information is withheld. Mistakes are made. Additional financing is required. You and your business partner become more demanding of each other. No matter how seasoned you are as a business owner, supervisor or investor, a breach of trust can still come as a shock. Distrust begins to creep in, until you reach a point when something needs to be done. This is where we can help.
This magazine deals with disrupted relationships within the company. Common problems and solutions are discussed. The articles are not only informative but also aimed at providing tools and tips & tricks. It is required reading for all those who are interested in working corporate relationships and who want to be well prepared when conflicts within the company threaten to arise. This will help you create maximum added value even in the event of (impending) disputes.
This magazine is written in Dutch. Should you be interested in an English translation of one or more articles listed below, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Disrupted relationships & governance disputes; 10 tips & tricks
Marjon Lok and Freek Haasjes
- An inside look at settling post-closing disputes
- "Hands-up!": shoot-out arrangements as a solution to shareholder disputes
- The best tip for preventing directors' liability
- Emergency financing: those who don't finance must tolerate
- Seven questions and answers on auditor liability
Rene van de Klift
- Standards of care: the (un)written rules
- Decision-making: shareholder interest first, or not? (Ways to enforce or block decisions)
- Forced share transfer in the event of a deadlock
Contact us with your question
- Rotterdam +31 (0)10 440 05 00
- Den Haag +31 (0)70 354 70 54